Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Chili got VOTED

My whole house smells like chili all day long already after Heidi talked me into making Chili for the schools Family Night Chili Cook Out tonight. Sometimes the participation lacks a little so after I had to go to the girls' school this evening for the PTO meeting anyway, I did her the favor and made Chili. She said something about make WHITE CHILI.

Okay, I never heard anything about white chili but I was out of tomatoes and if I have no clue what to you do you GOOGLE. And google came up with a recipe that sounded pretty could PLUS I had all the ingredients at home.

CHICKEN WHITE CHILI

4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cans (15-ounce size) great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn kernels (add at the end)
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream (add at th end)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste


So dot 5 o'clock we walked in the school and set our Chili in line as #15 in the end there were #21 different Chilis. At one of the tables sat the fire marshall and another senior judging all chilis.


And after trying all 21 of them they came up with 21 different winners.


Guess what - #15 is the SCARRIEST CHILI in town.




Now I am not so sure what to think. I know it tastes pretty good. The girls were excited, but seriously I think the judges had a huge problem because it was NOT RED, had chicken instead of ground beef, no tomatoes, ...... I just followed the recipe besides the spices and it said CHILI.


Look at my little kitchen helper in action. He was busy an I had a chance to get something done.


4 comments:

  1. Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum SCARRIEST CHILI in town - lol. Sieht aber lecker aus - frier mir mal ne Portion ein fürn nächsten Besuch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't know about white chili. When I make mine I add green chilies and cilantro. It is delicious!
    That's funny that 21 people came up with 21 winners. Go figure. Everyone likes their chili differently, that's why there are SO many recipes for it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can justify not knowing white chili, becauce Chili is not very common in Germany and before I met my husband I never ate Chili con Carne or Tacos or Tortillas. I couldn't even find Tortillas in the store, besides on the military poste so I made mine from scratch. White Chili is definitely new for me and I do not know why I did not think of adding cilantro. I will make it again when my husband is make home. I can't get the girls to eat beans for nothing.

    But thanks to google you can find the answer to almost everything now. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked pretty good to me. I love white chili.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...