Saturday, January 26, 2008

Out of words & New friends

I know that kids learn something new everyday, but sometimes I am really suprised what they already do know and come up with.

Isabell was doing a real good job reading Night Creatures tonight. She only got stuck at a few words and one of them was 'cough'. So I corrected her and for fun just pretended to cough.

And Bella tells me 'Stop, breathing CO2 in my face!'

I expected perhabs 'Don't cough at me!' or 'Stop It!''. But for sure not the expression CO2 and knowing what it is and means. She's just 1st grader. I was speechless.


Ich weiss, dass Kinder jeden Tag etwas Neues lernen, aber manchmal bin ich wirklich ueberrascht was sie schon wissen und was ploetzlich aus ihrem Mund kommt.

Isabell hat heute abend das Buch "Night Creatures" fast komplett alleine gelesen und ist nur ueber ein paar einzelene Woerter gestolpert. Eines davon war das Wort 'cough' (Husten). Ich habe sie korrigiert und aus Spass so getan als, ob ich Husten muss.

Und Bella sagt zu mir - in Englisch - 'Hoer auf mir CO2 ins Gesicht zu atmen!'

Ich habe erwartet, dass sowas wie 'Huste mich nicht an!' oder 'Hoer auf!' von ihr kommt, aber sicher nicht der Ausdruck CO2 und dass sie auch noch weiss was es ist und bedeutet. Sie ist ja grad mal in der 1. Klasse. Ich war sprachlos.

Soren made new friends today. And NO, I am not talking about the little girl on the picture, we know her already for years.

Soren hat heute viele neue Freundschaften geschlossen. Und ich spreche NICHT von dem Maedel auf dem Foto, sie kennen wir schon seit Jahren.

But from friends with four legs. Counting four dogs and four cats. And he was surrounded by the dogs until I got the camera out.

Aber von vierbeinigen Freunden. 4 Hunden und 4 Katzen. Die Hunde haben ihn richtig belagert bis ich die Kamera herausgeholt habe.

Soren & Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...