Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chocolate Factory for a Day

... or "A Sneak Peak of our homemade Christmas presents"

How do you find the perfect gift for a friend without going overboard, out of budget, but still keep it very personally? Homemade yummy treats for the sweet tooth was our answer this year. So for a day we turned the kitchen into a chocolate confisserie or factory. The whole house smelled like chocolate. Semi sweet chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, ....



Just to get started for little gifts, I used some semi sweet melted chocolate bark and dipped in candy canes. Those packed up in a little bag and a bow with a package of hot cocoa was a little treat sent to school and even the postman got on after delivering two packages right to the door.


Just give me the secret how you can get 12 one piece candy canes out of a box with 12 candy canes, because it didn't happen to me. So many were already broke and 1 or 2 snapped while carefully unwrapped the plastic from them. So we ended up with lots of broken pieces.

My favorites are the cookie truffles. I started with the dark cookies, crumbled them up in the food processor, added vanilla and cream cheese, cooled them and roll them in little balls. Dark chocolate for covering them and vanilla for the swirls more or less. But after having also white cookies and more vanilla bark a second batch was done and believe me I am soooooo glad I did. Those are even better.


Oops. Somebody sneak in here. It's impossible to stay hidden from my little kitchen helper, but you really need a game plan to keep him away from the chocolate. Nose Stop!


I knew I had seen a recipe and that one was just perfect for all my leftovers especially all the broken candy canes. Peppermint Bark. Homemade from scratch. Not bought expensive in the store. And it's so easy to make.




All those treats got nicely packed and wrapped and perhabs you were one of the few we gave them to. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. The cookie truffles are so freaking good. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Everything looks realyl good! made truffkes this year, but adding cookies to them sounds deliciuos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...