Sunday, September 28, 2008

Party Preparations Friday Night

Finally after some shopping during the week I got my butt up and started with the party preparations for Bella's slumber party.

Ten invitations were given out, I received a few RSVPs and some more told to Isabell, but just out of experience you never know the turnout for a party. It usually happens that 50% come - perfect - but once a while all will come and also sometimes none.




So hoping for the perfect middle, but not having any idea I dreaded a little having agreed for a slumber party and having up to 13 kids in the house over night.
After the cake was baking in the oven , I pourred myself a glass, still doubting if I made the right decision. While I was preparing Pauline had a slumber party at her house for Abby. And Gentri called both of us crazy or stupid. LOL. Thanks Gen.
All week long I was trying to come up with ideas for a "Robin Hood" Party Isabell wished for. I love being creative, but i truly was stuck and there is no Robin Hood Party Kit in a Box available.
UPDATE: Now there is, made in Texas, right out side of Nottingham and Sherwood Forest.
After getting lucky at the Dollar section of the Walmart fabric department, we had enough cloth for dress up clothes for all the kids including Soren who just had to work as model for me right away.

I looked ine very store I could imagine and i found here to find the golden chocolate coins I ALWAYS see. But no, not one, nowhere, nada, nix. So I had to come up with another idea to provide taxes. Even most of our party guest are able to read by now, I was hoping that they overlook the fact that we would be using American currency from the year 2008 instead of the english one from the medieval times.

After printing the scrolls for our story activities and another glass of mine I called it a night. The rest just had to wait until the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah Nicole I think I called you two insane too! LOL I'm sure that will come back to bite me when Spencer wants to have a sleep over for his birthday this year. My house might not be standing after that.....a house full of boys! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...