Friday, January 21, 2011

first attempt on rug mugs started

Somehow I could not resist to join this swap last minute and signed up in the middle of the night. It is a chance to try out a new pattern and turn it into a small mug rug. And even with everything going on I will take the time to sew a little or more again and again.

Mug Rug Swap 

In this house almost everything just has it spot and it is not able to move many things around to improve or get a change. We add some color on the first walls in the kids' rooms. Yesterday we moved the computer table out of the kitchen. Now there's a corner empty there and I a small table will get a home there, so the sewing machine can move from the kitchen table over there.


I don't recall myself sewing 1.5" squares before. They are tiny. However, the sizing fit perfectly for my first attempts of making  mug rugs. One of the patterns is already cut in a little bit bigger size, too, to keep and either way might end up as couch pillow or small wallhanging. Couch pillows are still on my to-do-list to exchange the plain beige ones the couch came with and bring some more color in and a little bit softer cushions to snuggle in, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...