Tuesday, November 4, 2008

T-Shirt to Newborn Caps - Part 1

Strolling through my favroite blogs I came across a new addition from Soule Mama "Mama to Mama" introducing its first project. The Caps to Cap-Haitien Project: A Partnership with Konbit Sante, will initially provide newborn jersey caps to be distributed in Safe Birthing Kits in northern Haiti.

Reading through the posting I thought that's something I can help with. I have a sewing machine. A box of sorted out clothes, not really time, but sometimes you just make time because you want to, so an hour later after recycling old tshirts and an old jersey dress there's a small stack of baby caps.





Isabell saw what I made and right away told me, Mama you can show me how to do it and I CAN make those, too. So now we have plans for Sunday afternoon with an extra reason to sort through our Tees in the closet and making more caps . Then you might see Part 2.
By the way if I would have known that this is so easy and turns out so cute, Bella would have gotten cute caps as a newborn, too, and that even handmade. But eight years ago she got a typical German newborn cap.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!
    And those caps are adorable. I'm going to have to go check out how to make them and sort through our clothes and see what we can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...