Monday, February 6, 2012

kitchen experiment - 파김치 - pa kimchi

파김치 - pa kimchi (green onion kimchi)
 

 
Something new, something different and onions. I love cooking with onions and my new favorites are green onions. I have to admit that I made two half batches of the recipe, because in one I skipped the fish sauce, the other one I optimisticly added it to try the fishy taste because we hardly ever eat fish here. I eat fish very seldom and usually avoid anything that smells like fish. Leland is not much better. There are a few weird exception. But this will be a nice addition to the bulgogi that a favorite on our table by now. Enjoy.

 
Pa Kimchi

  • 6 bunches of green onion
  • 3 tbsp pickled shrimp  - I skipped it
  • 1 tbsp garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup of hot pepper paste
  • 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp of fish sauce
  • 1 – 2 tsp salt

Step 1: Wash green onions well, and cut in the middle if it’s too thick. Slice into about 3-4" lengths.

Step 2: Lightly sprinkle with salt evenly, and set aside for about 10 minutes. When it looks like a little bit of water has been removed, rinse quickly in cold water and drain.

Step 3: Mix in a bowl with with pickled shrimp, garlic, sugar, hot pepper powder, fish sauce and sesame seeds. Taste, and adjust salt.

Step 4: Put in a jar and press down firmly. Leave at room temperature for 1-2 days, then put in a refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...